Friday, July 9, 2010

Another week has flown by at Gladney! I can't believe how fast the summer goes. My research project for Heidi Bruegel Cox is finally taking form. Today I looked at the costs to society of a child being adopted from foster care. The costs include adoption tax benefits, adoption assistance (both non-recurring and recurring), Medicaid eligability and exemption from public college tuition. These financial incentives are an important element in finding homes for children in foster care!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, will you and Heidi be authoring a white paper on your research?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe so - we're hoping to get it published in th NCFA Adoption Factbook and it may be considered by the Adoption Review Committee as they move forward with their proposals. I'm not sure what else Heidi envisions for it.

    ReplyDelete